Monday, July 25, 2011

Athlete of the Week!

*Your WOD is posted in the previous Blog post....whichever one you DIDNT do today, you do tomorrow! 
Get some! 




Name: Shannon Hart
Occupation: Banker by day, Florist by night ;) 


Grew up in Pungo, lived in Virginia Beach my whole life except for 3 months as an exchange student in England while in college. Mom of 3 dogs: Weiner Dog, Chihuahua and English Bulldog. Hobbies: Cleaning up drool and dog hair. j/k! love travel, scuba diving, water sports of any type, motorcycle riding. though currently don't have much time to do any of that since I'm opening a flower shop with my big sister (while still working a full time day job)
 
Favorite WOD - I have yet to do the same WOD twice at CFU, so it's hard to say. everyday I leave feeling like I've conquered the world, even with the filthy fifty had me wanting to curl into a fetal ball and cry

Favorite Lift - power cleans 


Biggest accomplishment: in or out of the gym 
Out of the gym: Starting my business with my sis from literally nothing and watching it grow to the point it's at now.

In the gym: I'd say my biggest accomplishment was starting crossfit 6 months ago, flabby and out of shape. Since then, it's been an addiction and absolute joy to start seeing and feeling the changes in my body. I feel like I've been given my 'self' back. Every workout is another accomplishment.
 
Any goals? 
To get back to strict paleo and build some abs like Jackie's! maybe even work up to entering a competition - one day




We LOVE Shannon! 

Recipe of the Week:
My newest addition (finally created a new one)
Caribbean Citrus Stew 


REMINDER!
Closed on Saturday for the Military Challenge!! You can still sign up!
If you do not have your Unrivaled shirt/tank, you should get one for the weekend....hoping to get an awesome group pic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment